Account Executive – Consumer & Lifestyle Brands
First, a little bit about us:
Litzky Public Relations is a boutique agency on the Hoboken waterfront (it’s a pretty amazing view). We are a close-knit team of 25 PR superstars known for our results-focused approach and exceptional client services. We are savvy storytellers and media matchmakers; big thinkers and bold doers. We love what we do – and have a lot of fun doing it. And, we’re in search of a stellar Account Executive to join our team and represent some of the world’s most iconic consumer brands.
Now, a little bit about you:
- You love a good story. You’re a gifted storyteller and relationship builder. You’re dedicated to finding the right contact to cover your clients, and think creatively about how to get them interested. You’re always brainstorming news hooks, creative partnerships, engaging experiences, and smart campaigns for your clients.
- You’re passionate about pop culture. You enjoy all kinds of entertainment – movies, TV, and celebrities.
- You’d jump at the chance to hop on a plane and attend industry events, lead brand launches, and present at client meetings (spoiler alert: you’ll probably get to).
- You’re social media savvy. From YouTube creators to Instagram influencers to passionate brand fans, you have a knack for discovering social media stars and fostering relationships with them. You tend to know what’s trending before it’s viral.
- You’re a self-starter. If you’re a proactive individual who enjoys working independently but values a team environment, this position is for you.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You’ll be a leader. You’ll manage an internal team, mentor junior staff, counsel your clients, and collaborate with your contacts to get coverage. You’ll work with your account supervisor to develop strategy and oversee execution, managing timelines and budgets to make sure work gets done on time and at cost.
- You’ll make news. You’ll develop strong media lists and lead outreach to land top tier media coverage, consistently putting your clients in the headlines – and reporting the results back to share the glory. PR is never one and done; you’ll build long lasting relationships with the press and influencers you work with.
- You’ll be part of a team. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
- You’ll inspire clients. As part of your day-to-day, you’ll be empowered as a voice of authority on all PR-related matters to clients, providing trusted counsel, monitoring competition and identifying and sharing industry trends.
Why you’ll love it here:
- The benefits are great. In addition to a competitive salary base and compensation plan, we offer a great health insurance program. Employees are also eligible for long and short term disability benefits, life insurance, a medical flexible spending account, and a 401k program.
- The perks are pretty good, too. We’re a dog-friendly office with yoga on Wednesdays and bagels on Fridays. We love to get together in and out of the office, and find lots of reasons to celebrate throughout the year – from summer happy hours to holiday cookie swaps to National Donut Day (we love snacks, too). Check out all of our LPR adventures on Instagram by following @litzkypr!
- We give back to our community. Employees are encouraged to participate in an agency-led volunteer project each quarter and one community service day each year.
- There’s room for growth. We invest in our team and are seriously committed to professional advancement. Need proof? The President of our agency started out as an LPR intern.
So, do you have what it takes?
In addition to the above, our ideal AE has:
- Minimum of three years PR experience (agency or corporate), including experience working with consumer brands
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Existing media relationships and experience with trades, lifestyle press, broadcast, celebrities, and consumer events
- Ability to manage strict timelines, demanding deadlines, and client budgets
- Creativity in all aspects: writing, brainstorming, event planning and more
About Our Company:
Litzky Public Relations (LPR) was founded in 1988 by Michele Litzky. Today, 25 public relations professionals comprise the LPR team. What they have in common is a scrupulous work ethic and a ‘nose for news.’ We’re strategic thinkers with big ideas and the talent to bring them to fruition. A full-service agency, our clients range from international blue chip companies to small start-ups with a great story or unusual product. Regardless of their size, all of our clients get the ‘star’ treatment. And, we deliver what we promise.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Resumes only. NO CALLS. Please send resumes to email@example.com.