Junior Account Executive – Consumer & Lifestyle Brands
Litzky Public Relations, a boutique agency on the Hoboken waterfront, has an immediate need for a Junior Account Executive. LPR is a close knit team of 25 hardworking, loyal, and fun individuals known for our results-focused approach and exceptional client services. The Junior Account Executive position provides a wonderful opportunity for hands-on experience in all facets of the business. Each of our employees is a generalist, responsible for a variety of activities from media mailers and clip reports to event planning and client relations.
We’re looking for a dedicated team player with at least three years of experience. Ideal candidate is organized, a quick learner, and imaginative thinker. If you’re a proactive individual who enjoys working independently but values a team environment, this position is for you.
- Proactive media relations – pitching press, bloggers, influencers, and fans; developing relationships and uncovering new contacts/outlets
- Client management – respond in a timely and professional manner to client requests
- Project management – liaise with clients, internal Creative Department, and vendors
- Special events – planning, pitching, onsite support
- Creative thinking – brainstorming strategy, unique news hooks, PR campaign platforms
- Employee management/mentorship
- Draft and/or edit press materials
- Create and update media lists
- Monitor coverage, clip placements, and create client reports
- Identify and research new opportunities for clients and the agency
- Travel as needed for agency and client events
- Minimum of three years of experience (agency or corporate)
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations or communications
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Confident, assertive, and outgoing team player with ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to manage strict timelines and demanding deadlines
- Strong creative writer
- Imaginative thinker
- Resourceful problem solver
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills
- Social media savvy
- Must be able to provide samples of secured media coverage and writing examples
- Comfortable on the phone
We offer excellent benefits to our employees. In addition to a competitive salary base and compensation plan for all of our positions, we offer:
- Excellent career path
- Top-of-the-line healthcare coverage
- Long-term and short-term disability
- Medical flexible spending account
- Paid holidays
- Life insurance
- Summer hours
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
About Our Company:
Litzky Public Relations (LPR) was founded in 1988 by Michele Litzky. Today, 25 public relations professionals comprise the LPR team. What we all have in common is a scrupulous work ethic and a ‘nose for news.’ We’re strategic thinkers with big ideas and the talent to bring them to fruition. A full-service agency, our clients range from international blue chip companies to small start-ups with a great story or unusual product. Regardless of their size, all of our clients get the ‘star’ treatment. And, we deliver what we promise. For more information on LPR please visit litzkypr.com or check us out on Facebook.com/LitzkyPR and Instagram.com/LitzkyPR.
Salary is commensurate with experience.